Cinnamon is pungent and sweet, hot in nature, and enters the kidney, spleen, and bladder meridian. Collapse, abdominal pain and diarrhea, cold colic, cold pain in the waist and knees, amenorrhea, lumps in the abdomen, bleeding from the yin and gangrene, deficiency of yang floating above the heat and below the cold, etc.
1. Warming the kidney and strengthening yang: It is used for chills, cold limbs, cold waist and knee pain caused by insufficient kidney yang, and it can also be used for dyspnea and qi inversion caused by kidney failure to accept qi;
2. Warming the middle and dispelling the cold: used for cold pain in the epigastric cavity due to deficiency of the spleen and stomach, as well as abdominal pain and diarrhea, often used together with dried ginger and aconite;
3. Warming the meridian and relieving pain: It can warm the blood vessels, dispel cold and relieve pain, and is used for dysmenorrhea and limb pain caused by cold stagnation and qi stagnation.
The practice of cinnamon
1. Braised pork ribs
500 grams of small ribs, dried chili, cinnamon, cumin, star anise, pepper, garlic, ginger, scallions, cooking oil, salt, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, chicken powder, and sugar
(1) Put the spareribs into a cold water pot, add cooking wine and scallion knots and bring to a boil, then remove;
(2) Add Chinese prickly ash, dried chili, green onion, ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, add pork ribs and stir-fry;
(3) Add cooking wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, add water to submerge the ingredients, add cumin, cinnamon, star anise, cover and boil over high heat and turn to low heat for 1 hour;
(4) Add salt, chicken powder, and finally cook over high heat to collect the juice.
2. Beer duck
500 grams of duck meat, 400 ml of beer, cooking oil, ginger, onion, ginger, garlic, dark soy sauce, vinegar, light soy sauce, salt, fennel, cinnamon, bay leaves, pepper, a little sugar
(1) Cut the duck meat into pieces and blanch;
(2) Put oil in the pan, stir-fry onion, ginger and garlic, then add duck pieces;
(3) Pour in beer and an appropriate amount of water;
(4) Add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, vinegar, salt, fennel, cinnamon, bay leaves and simmer for 1 hour;
(5) Add sugar and pepper to collect the juice.
3. Homemade five-spice powder
20 grams star anise, 20 grams peppercorns, 10 grams cinnamon, 10 grams cumin, 6 grams cloves
(1) Weigh and prepare materials according to the required amount;
(2) Put them into the cooking machine separately. There are more star anise and Chinese prickly ash, which need to be broken separately, and the other kinds can be ground together;
(3) Grind into fine powder with ultra-fine grinding function;
(4) Every material that has been ground has been sieved;
(5) Sieve out the coarser ones, grind them again with a cooking machine, and sieve them again;
(6) The sifted powder is fully mixed evenly.