Ginkgo biloba is the dry leaves of Ginkgo biloba plant, harvested in autumn when the leaves are still green, and dried in time. Ginkgo biloba is sweet, bitter and astringent in taste, and has mild medicinal properties. Return lung, heart channel. The main components of Ginkgo biloba are flavonoids, terpenes, and phenolic acids. Among them, flavonoids are the main components that play a role. In dried ginkgo leaves, the content of total flavonol glycosides should not be less than 0.40%; at 0.25%.
1. It has strong free radical scavenging and anti-oxidation effects: the content of VC, VE, carotene, calcium, phosphorus, boron, selenium and other mineral elements in ginkgo leaves is also very rich, exceeding that of ordinary fruits, vegetables and edible plant materials. Biological antioxidants are a class of substances that have direct and indirect antioxidant functions in the body. There are two types of antioxidants in Ginkgo biloba - nutritive antioxidants and non-nutritive antioxidants. The former mainly contains carotene, VC, VE, selenium, zinc, copper, etc., and the latter mainly contains ginkgo flavonoids, terpene lactones, catechins, polyphenols, etc., which are also very rich in content. Plays an important role in the resulting oxidative damage.
2. Wrinkle removal: The new cells formed in the dermis have been oxidized by too many free radicals before reaching the skin surface, and they are already aging cells when they reach the epidermis. Flavonoid glycosides and flavonols in Ginkgo biloba are free radical scavengers, which can protect dermal cells, improve blood circulation, and prevent cells from being oxidized to produce wrinkles
3. Reduce the cholesterol level in human blood and prevent arteriosclerosis: It can significantly improve the physical weakness, rapid heartbeat, chest pain, dizziness, etc. of middle-aged and elderly people after mild activities.
4. Effects on blood vessels: reduce blood pressure by increasing blood vessel permeability and elasticity, and have a good antihypertensive effect; eliminate deposition components on blood vessel walls, improve blood flow changes, enhance the deformability of red blood cells, and reduce blood viscosity , to make blood flow smooth, prevent and treat cerebral hemorrhage and cerebral infarction; it also has a certain effect on senile dementia caused by arteriosclerosis. Promote blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular disease, but cannot take other cardiovascular drugs at the same time.
5. Other functions: It is used for the treatment of bronchial asthma, and it also has a good effect; it can reduce the level of lipid peroxidation, reduce freckles, moisturize the skin, and beautify the appearance. ; Laxative, diuretic, detoxification, detoxification, there is a certain chance to improve memory and can improve human breathing, improve sleep quality; significantly improve women's menopausal syndrome.