From "Tang Materia Medica" ("Dictionary of Chinese Medicine"), "Shen Nong's Materia Medica" ("Chinese Medicine Sea")
1. Tao Hongjing: According to the "Ben Jing", there are only two osmanthus, Mu and osmanthus, and osmanthus (one work without this osmanthus) is similar in body and body. There are three kinds of common use today. The half-rolled and fatty ones are named osmanthus, which is the most used as medicine.
2. "Tang Materia Medica": The bamboo is the name of the bamboo, and the ancient prescription uses the tube osmanthus, so it is said that the triple is good. There are also double and triple rolls of the tube osmanthus, three lines in the leaves, the texture is as tight and thin as bamboo, and the bark of the big branches and small branches are all cinnamon osmanthus, but the bark of the big branches cannot be re-rolled, and the taste is very weak, so it is not used for medicine. Now I am only out of Shaozhou. Or Yunmugui is the present Mugui and the single-named Gui. This sweet-scented osmanthus flower and seeds are the same as the osmanthus osmanthus, but the leaves are twice as long, and the bark of the big and small branches are all named Osmanthus osmanthus. However, the skin of the big branches is thick and weak like a magnolia, with less meat and less flavor, which is not as good as the skin of the small branches. Most of the skin and flesh of the twigs are rolled, and the center will be wrinkled. The taste is pungent and delicious. One cinnamon, one cinnamon stick, one cinnamon heart. Out of Rongzhou. Liuzhou, Jiaozhou. The osmanthus leaves are like persimmon leaves, with three vertical lines in the middle, glabrous and shiny on the outside and inside. Osmanthus leaves are about a foot long. Tao Yun Xiaogui, or the one whose leaves are small. Tao Yin's "Jing" says that the leaves are like cypress leaves, but they are not similar. I don't know where this statement comes from. Today there are two kinds of osmanthus, but the skin is slightly different. If the old osmanthus osmanthus is hard and has no flesh, it is completely unusable; its twigs and skins are thin and rolled, and those with two or three layers are either called osmanthus osmanthus or tube osmanthus. The bark of the tender branches is called cinnamon, also known as Guizhi; Originally it was a cinnamon stick, but there was a single cinnamon stick left, which was a deep mistake.
3. "Supplements to Materia Medica": Osmanthus osmanthus, Osmanthus osmanthus and Osmanthus osmanthus are three colors, and are the same thing. According to Guilin and Guiling, it is named after Guilin, and it is born today and does not leave this county. From the south of the ridge to the sea, there are all osmanthus trees, but willows and Xiangzhou are the most numerous. The taste is pungent, and the skin is thick and firm. If it is thick, it will be tender, and if it is thin, it will be old. The old and thin ones are the same color, and the thick and tender ones are the same color. Tenderness is spicy, and it is also rolled; old must be light, and naturally thin. The thin ones are Mu Gui Ye, which is named after the big ones; the rolled ones are the Kui Gui Ye, which are tender and easy to roll. In ancient times, there was Tonggui, whose characters resembled the characters of 箘. Later generations wrote it by mistake, and it became a custom after habit. As for the transmission of books, they followed suit. Guixin is to peel off the nails on the skin, and choose the closest one, which is pungent and flavorful.
4. "Bencao Tujing": From today's Lingnan, there are the names of Tonggui, Cinnamon, Guixin, Guangui, and Bangui, but doctors use them, and there are few distinctions. It used to be said that Guigui is as round as a bamboo, and there are two or three layers, so it is called Tonggui today. Or the cloud is cinnamon. Osmanthus cinnamon has thin skin, yellow color, less fat flesh, smell like magnolia, taste similar, peel off the skin and name guixin, so it is suspected to be the so-called official cinnamon. Osmanthus is half-rolled and fatty, so it is suspected to be the so-called Bangui. The species shown in the pictures of Guanbin, Yi, Shao, and Qin prefectures today are also different, but they are all titled Gui, and there is no other name.
5. "Compendium": Osmanthus refers to the thick and pungent osmanthus, and Muogui refers to the thin and bland osmanthus. "Bie Lu" should not be republished, and they are now one. There are several kinds of osmanthus, visit today: Osmanthus osmanthus leaves are as long as loquat leaves, hard, hairy and serrated, its flowers are white, and its skin is fatty. The osmanthus leaves are like persimmon leaves with narrow and bright tips, with three vertical lines and no serrations. The flowers are yellow and white, and the skin is thin and curly. Today, all the goods that merchants buy are these two laurel. However, the one that is rolled is called Guigui, and the one that is half rolled and board is called Mugui, which is self-understanding. What Su Gong said is exactly what doctors see today, Chen Zangqi and Chen Chengduanbacteria. It is not true that the peony is one thing. It is not true that Tao Hongjing looks like the single word osmanthus and leaves like cypress. The osmanthus of the cypress leaves is what people say about taking food, not the osmanthus for curing diseases. What Su Gong said is a little clearer. It is also inappropriate to use Qinzhou as the single-character Gui. Gui, that is, cinnamon. Thick and pungent, used for removing rough skin. The person who removes the inner and outer skin is Guixin. Mugui, that is, wood gui, is thin and bland, and is used for removing rough skin. The thinnest one is Guizhi. The tender and small branches are Liu Gui.
6. There are Osmanthus osmanthus and Osmanthus osmanthus in "The Classic", and osmanthus sticks are separately set up in "Bielu of Famous Doctors". "Compendium of Materia Medica" believes that osmanthus is Mugui, and combines the two into one. It also says: Osmanthus is cinnamon, so it can be seen that male osmanthus and cinnamon are the same thing. As for Guigui, Tao Hongjing said that it is as round as bamboo, and "Tujing" said: the bark is green and yellow, and it is thin and rolled like a tube, also known as Tonggui. According to this, Ruogui is now the official gui.