Ginger, belonging to herbaceous plants, belongs to Zingiberaceae, has a pungent fragrance and is warm in nature. The shape of ginger is irregular, the size is different, and it is not uniform. Generally, it is not eaten directly. In most cases, it is used in dishes, medicine or tea.
Ginger likes to be warm and humid, but has weak heat resistance. In China, ginger is mostly planted in the southwest to southeast, and in the middle, such as Shandong, Xianning, Dazhi, Echeng and other regions. In foreign countries, ginger is also mostly planted. in tropical Asia.
Ginger is not only of high nutritional value, but also an ingredient with both medicine and food. Ginger has many effects and functions, such as warming up the body, relieving symptoms of cold hands and feet, relieving dysmenorrhea symptoms, increasing appetite, reducing phlegm and relieving cough, clearing heat and detoxification, etc., so it is very popular among consumers, and the famous dishes related to ginger There are also many, such as ginger soup, the very famous ginger milk in Guangdong, and so on.
Ginger can be eaten by everyone. Eating ginger can supplement nutrition, strengthen the body, warm up the body, sober up, stabilize emotions and so on. However, for people with damp and hot constitutions, ginger is pungent and warm, so it can only be used when catching cold, and if it is used in large amounts, it may damage the blood and hurt the yin. Especially if you have symptoms of yin deficiency and hyperactivity of fire such as sore throat, dry throat, and dry stool, you should stop using ginger at this time. In addition, it is worth noting that rotten ginger contains the toxic substance safrole, which can damage the liver, so it must not be eaten.
1. Suitable for wind-cold exogenous infection or wind-cold cough. Ginger has the effect of relieving the exterior. Those who cough with white phlegm due to exogenous factors can cut ginger into 5-6 pieces, wrap them in gauze, heat them in a microwave oven, and rub the Feishu points on both sides for about 3-5 minutes, which can relieve cough and reduce phlegm.
2. It is suitable for people with cold hands and feet. Ginger has the effect of dispelling cold and warming up the body. Eating ginger can relieve the symptoms of cold hands and feet.
3. It is suitable for women to eat. Ginger can relieve menstruation and relieve symptoms of dysmenorrhea. It is suitable for women with frequent abdominal pain and backache during menstruation.
4. Suitable for drunk people. Ginger can keep the mood stable and clear the mind.
5. It is suitable for people who vomit. Ginger is rich in zingiberone and zingiberene, two substances that can effectively stop vomiting.