Cinnamon bark is the dry bark and thick bark of cinnamon, an evergreen tree plant in Lauraceae. It has an aromatic smell and similar effect to fennel. It is often used as a raw material for cooking with a strong fishy smell. It is also the main component of five-spice powder. It is the earliest spice eaten by humans. one. It is mainly produced in Guangdong, Guangxi, Zhejiang, Anhui, Hubei and other places. Guangxi has a large output and good quality. The place of origin also picks fresh laurel leaves for seasoning.
Cinnamon is divided into three types: barrel cinnamon, thick cinnamon, and thin cinnamon. Tonggui is the bark of the tender laurel tree. It is fine in quality, clean, sweet, fragrant, and earthy-yellow in color. Meat is best used; thin cinnamon has fine skin, fine meat texture, thin taste, less fragrance, gray skin, reddish-yellow inner skin, and the same use as thick cinnamon.
What are the side effects of cinnamon?
1. Do not use damp and moldy cinnamon, and avoid eating it in summer.
2. Cinnamon contains safrole, which can cause cancer, so the less you eat, the better, and it is not suitable for long-term consumption.
3. Choose cinnamon bark: high-quality cinnamon bark, taupe on the outside and ocher red on the inside. When chewing with the mouth, it is better to have a sweet and then spicy taste.
4. Not suitable for constipation, hemorrhoid patients, pregnant women, especially those with dry stool or hemorrhoids;
5. People with severe internal heat, excessive internal fire or excessive fire due to yin deficiency should not eat it, and people with red tongue without coating should also avoid it.
6. People with Sjogren's syndrome and menopausal syndrome should not eat it.
7. People with bleeding disorders should not eat it; pregnant women should not eat it.
Patients should pay attention to the following while taking cinnamon:
1. It is not advisable to eat it frequently. Regular eating can easily lead to symptoms such as strong anger, upset, and sore tongue.
2. It is not advisable to eat too much, and the dosage should not be too much each time. It is recorded in "Shen Nong's Materia Medica" that drugs such as cinnamon have "slight poison" as the saying goes. Taking too much can easily cause dizziness, glasses, etc. Swelling and dryness, cough, dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, etc.
3. It should not be eaten with green onions. Cinnamon and green onions act as food restraints, and eating together will restrain each other's due effects.
Cinnamon is a warming medicine. It has sore mouth and tongue, phlegm and sore throat, blood deficiency and internal dryness, eye puffiness, postpartum blood heat phenomenon and weak spleen and stomach. People who are pregnant should not eat cinnamon, because cinnamon is mainly tonic. Yang, and strong sexuality, symptoms such as mouth sores are already a manifestation of exuberant liver fire and yang in the body is stronger than yin (yin deficiency and fire). If you continue to supplement yang blindly, it will only aggravate the condition.
In addition, people with Sj?gren's syndrome, lupus erythematosus, diabetes, cancer, tuberculosis, menopause syndrome, chronic liver disease, bleeding disorders, dry stool, hemorrhoids and other diseases should also eat it with caution.