(1) Sedative notoginseng ginsenoside Rb1 can significantly reduce the spontaneous activity of mice and make them quiet; prolong the sleep time of thiopental sodium, which has a synergistic effect with pentobarbital sodium; can resist caffeine and amphetamine-induced central excitatory effect. The above shows that notoginseng ginsenoside Rb1 has obvious central inhibitory effect.
(2) Delaying aging PNS and PDS can prolong the average lifespan of Drosophila, improve the flying ability, and reduce the lipofuscin content in the head. Continuous subcutaneous injection of PNS and PDS mice for 30 days can significantly increase the activity of SOD in serum and brain tissue, and reduce the generation of MDA in heart, liver and brain tissue. Intragastric administration of Panax notoginseng powder to rats can significantly increase the activity of SOD in the brain tissue and reduce the production of LPO. In addition, the notoginseng alcohol extract can also promote the synthesis of DNA, RNA and brain protein in the mouse brain.
(3) Effects on immune function Sanqi injection can restore the spleen structure of mice irradiated by 60Co-γ rays to normal, with increased lymphocytes around the central artery of the spleen, obvious spleen nodules, germinal centers, and organelle density of immunoblasts Significantly increased. Oral administration or injection of PNS can resist leukopenia in mice caused by 60Co-γ-ray irradiation, and the effect of preventive administration is better than that of therapeutic administration. Subcutaneous injection of Panax notoginseng total saponins into mice for 4 consecutive days can significantly increase the number of hemolytic plaques, and increase the phagocytosis rate and phagocytic index of mouse peritoneal macrophages. Inhibition of delayed-type hypersensitivity by the anti-interferon inducer ethamine. Panax notoginseng polysaccharide can promote the recovery of guinea pigs with low complement caused by anti-complement factor (CNF) of Chinese cobra venom.
The main components of Panax notoginseng affecting immune function are PNS and Panax notoginseng polysaccharide.
(4) Effects on metabolism Panax notoginseng has a two-way regulating effect on glucose metabolism. Notoginseng saponin C1 can reduce blood sugar in alloxan diabetic mice, the effect is dose-effect relationship, and can antagonize the blood sugar raising effect of glucagon, while PNS has synergistic effect of glucagon raising blood sugar. The ethanol extract of Panax notoginseng root can promote the incorporation of 3H-leucine into mouse liver, kidney and testicular tissues, and increase protein synthesis. Saponins Rbl and Rg1 can promote the increase of protein content in mouse brain. Ginsenoside Rbl can increase the activity of RNA polymerase and promote the synthesis of nuclear RNA in rat liver cells.
(5) Other effects Panax notoginseng has a certain improvement effect on memory acquisition disorder and memory consolidation disorder; PNS has a certain effect on hemorrhagic shock in rabbits; notoginseng saponin A has a certain diuretic effect on rats.
To sum up, the pharmacological effects related to Sanqi dissipating blood stasis and hemostasis, reducing swelling and relieving pain are very extensive, including hemostasis, antithrombotic, promoting hematopoiesis, dilating blood vessels, lowering blood pressure, anti-myocardial ischemia, anti-cerebral ischemia, anti- Cardiac arrhythmia, anti-atherosclerosis, anti-inflammation, liver protection, anti-tumor, analgesic and other effects, the main active ingredients are PNS, PDS, PTS and triheptanoic acid.