Licorice: perennial herb; roots and rhizomes thick, 1-3 cm in diameter, brown outer skin, light yellow inner, sweet. Stem erect, much branched, 30-120 cm high, densely covered with scale-like glands, trichome-like glands and white or brown hairs, leaves 5-20 cm long; stipules triangular-lanceolate, about 5 mm long , about 2 mm wide, densely covered with white pubescent on both sides; petiole densely covered with brown glandular points and pubescent; leaflets 5-17, ovate, long ovate or nearly round, 1.5-5 cm long, 0.8 wide -3 cm, dark green above, green below, densely covered with yellow-brown glandular spots and pubescent on both sides, apex obtuse, mucronate, base round, margin entire or slightly wavy, more or less recurved. Racemes axillary, with many flowers, pedicels shorter than leaves, densely brown scale-like glandular points and pubescent; bracts oblong-lanceolate, 3-4mm long, brown, membranous, covered by yellow glands outside Pointed and pubescent; calyx campanulate, 7-14 mm long, densely covered with yellow glandular points and pubescent, base obliquely enlarged and sac-shaped, calyx teeth 5, nearly as long as calyx tube, upper 2 teeth larger Partly commissure; corolla purple, white or yellow, 10-24 mm long, flag petal oblong, apex slightly concave, base with short petiole, wing petal shorter than flag petal, keel shorter than wing petal; ovary dense Prickly glands. The pods are curved and sickle-shaped or ring-shaped, densely packed into balls, with dense tumor-like protrusions and spiny glands. Seeds 3-11, dark green, round or reniform, about 3 mm long. The flowering period is June-August, and the fruiting period is July-October.
Properties of medicinal materials:
1. Licorice root: the root is cylindrical, 25-100 cm long, and 0.6-3.5 cm in diameter. The outer skin varies in tightness. The surface is reddish-brown or gray-brown, with prominent longitudinal wrinkles, grooves, lenticels and sparse fine root scars. The texture is solid, the cross-section is slightly fibrous, yellowish white, powdery, the cambium ring is obvious, the rays are radial, and some have cracks. The rhizome is cylindrical, with bud scars on the surface and pith in the middle of the section. Slight gas, sweet and special.
2. Glycyrrhiza bulging: the roots and rhizomes are woody and thick, some are branched, the skin is rough, mostly gray-brown or gray-brown. The quality is hard, the wood fiber is much, and the powder is small. Rhizome adventitious buds many and thick.
3. Glycyrrhiza glabra: The roots and rhizomes are relatively solid, with some branches, the outer skin is not rough, more grayish brown, and the lenticels are thin and not obvious.
Identification of medicinal properties
1. Licorice: It has the functions of invigorating the spleen and replenishing qi, clearing heat and detoxifying, eliminating phlegm and relieving cough, relieving spasm and relieving pain, and harmonizing various medicines. It is often used for weakness of the spleen and stomach, fatigue, palpitation, shortness of breath, cough with excessive phlegm, abdominal distension, acute pain of extremities, carbuncle and sore to relieve drug toxicity and potency.
2. Roasted licorice: It has the effect of invigorating the spleen and stomach, replenishing qi and restoring the pulse. It is often used for weakness of the spleen and stomach, fatigue, palpitation, and intermittent pulse.
Licorice usage and dosage
Commonly used dosage: oral administration, decoction, 1.5~9g; or into pills, powder. External application: powdered and mixed with water or decocted for washing.
Licorice is familiar to everyone. We often take licorice for health maintenance, but we must also pay attention to the combination of licorice. First of all, it is a good choice to drink licorice and chrysanthemum together, because licorice and chrysanthemum are both It is cool in nature, so drinking it together can have a good effect of clearing away heat and detoxification, and at the same time can protect our eye health, so you might as well try this method when taking licorice.
with goji berries
At the same time, for licorice, drinking licorice and wolfberry together is also a very good choice. We choose to drink licorice and wolfberry together, which can protect the health of our eyes and effectively enhance our body immunity. The benefits are undoubtedly Huge, worth something we all can eat for a long time, so we can try it when we eat licorice.