Ginger is the rhizome of the Zingiberaceae herb ginger. The tender ones are called purple ginger and zijiang, and the old ones are called old ginger and old ginger. Generally speaking, ginger refers to the latter. Ginger is warm in nature and has various effects. Let’s take a look at the benefits of ginger:
1. Because ginger contains gingerol and diphenylheptane compounds, it has strong anti-oxidation, free radical scavenging, and tumor-inhibiting effects; so ginger can resist oxidation and inhibit tumors. The elderly often eat ginger to eliminate "Age spots".
2. Ginger can stimulate the secretion of saliva, gastric juice and digestive juice, increase gastrointestinal peristalsis, and increase appetite. Therefore, it can stimulate the appetite, invigorate the spleen, and promote appetite in hot summer. This is why people often say "eat radish in winter and ginger in summer" and "eat ginger if the rice is not fragrant".
3. Eating ginger in summer can excite, perspire, cool down and refresh the mind.
4. Ginger can also inhibit bacteria, especially for salmonella. Therefore, it is easy to eat food contaminated by bacteria at high temperature in summer and cause acute gastroenteritis. At this time, eating ginger in moderation can prevent and treat it. In addition, the ginger extract has the effect of significantly inhibiting skin fungi and killing trichomonas vaginalis, and can treat various carbuncles and sores. Applying ginger skin to the face can also remove or inhibit "acne". In addition, ginger water can be used to gargle to treat bad breath and periodontitis. Ginger can also detoxify fish and crabs, and it can be used alone or with perilla. In addition, ginger can detoxify the poison of Pinellia and Southern Star, decoction and drink, it can be used for hoarse tongue swelling and numbness caused by the poison of Pinellia and Southern Star.
5. Ginger also has the effect of preventing nausea and vomiting. This is why many people who are prone to motion sickness are used to taking ginger with them. And if it is "exercise maladaptation" caused by certain exercises, eating some ginger can also be relieved. Therefore, folks use ginger to prevent motion sickness, seasickness, or paste Neiguan acupoint, which has obvious effects, so it has the reputation of "the holy medicine for vomiting".
6. Ginger can also be used to treat mild colds. Ginger soup, a secret remedy for colds handed down in ancient my country, is ginger syrup.
7. In addition to eating, ginger and ginger slices can also be used in cooking, which can remove fishy smell and increase the umami taste of food, so many chefs like to add ginger when cooking fish.
In addition, ginger is a must-have product for men. According to the theory of traditional Chinese medicine, ginger is a product that can help yang. Since ancient times, there has been a saying in traditional Chinese medicine that "a man cannot live without ginger for a hundred days". Legend has it that the white lady stole the fairy grass to save Xu Xian. This fairy grass is ginger bud. There is another name for ginger, "Huanhun Grass", and ginger soup is also called "Huanhun Soup".
From this point of view, comrades who don't usually like to eat ginger should try to eat ginger in the future!