Houttuynia cordata is also known as Zheergen, Cencao, Houttuynia, Purple Houttuynia, Wildflower Barley, etc. It is the dry above-water part of the perennial herbaceous plant Bougainvillea of the family Sanbaiaceae. Produced in the provinces south of the Yangtze River Basin in China. In summer, when the stems and leaves are lush, the flower spikes are often harvested, washed, dried in the shade or used fresh. Spicy in the mouth, slightly cold in nature; returns lung, bladder, large intestine meridian. There is heat-clearing and toxic substances removing, reducing phlegm and expulsion of pus and eliminating carbuncle, the effect of inducing diuresis for reducing swelling and treating stranguria. Indications for asthma and cough due to lung heat, lung carbuncle and vomiting of pus, throat moth, dysentery, malaria, edema, carbuncle sore, febrile stranguria, eczema, prolapse of the anus and other diseases.
Efficacy and function of Houttuynia cordata
Expert studies have shown that the smell of Houttuynia cordata comes from the component in the volatile oil of Houttuynia cordata -- Houttuynia cordata. Houttuyniatin has antibacterial effect, and has significant inhibitory effect on influenza bacillus, catarrhal coccus, staphylococcus aureus, pneumococcus and so on.
Houttuynia cordata contains quercetin. Quercitrin has diuretic and antiviral effects.
It has been clinically proven that Houttuynia cordata has significant curative effects on upper respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, chronic cervicitis, whooping cough and other diseases. It can also be used to treat acute conjunctivitis and urinary tract infection.
4. Enhance immunity
In addition to antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, Houttuynia cordata also has the effect of improving human immunity. Taking Houttuynia cordata increases the phagocytosis of white blood cells, stops bleeding, relieves pain, relieves cough, promotes tissue regeneration, dilates capillaries, and increases blood flow.
Houttuynia cordata therapeutic prescription
Houttuynia steamed chicken
1 tender hen (about 1500 grams), 200 grams of Houttuynia cordata.
Refined salt, monosodium glutamate, pepper, green onion, ginger slices.
(1) Slaughter the chicken, remove the hair, wash the viscera and feet, put it in a boiling water pot and blanch it, take it out and wash off the blood. Wash and cut Houttuynia cordata into sections.
(2) Take a soup pot, put whole chicken, refined salt, ginger, green onion, pepper and appropriate amount of water, steam in a cage until the chicken is cooked thoroughly, then add Houttuynia cordata and monosodium glutamate, and steam it for a while.
Houttuynia cordata 500 grams
(1) Remove impurities from Houttuynia cordata, wash with water, and drain.
(2) Pound Houttuynia cordata into juice, boil for a while, remove residue to get juice, and drink frequently.
Tips for making Houttuynia tea
(1) To make this tea, you can increase or decrease the amount of Houttuynia cordata according to the amount needed. Generally, the dosage of Houttuynia cordata is 250 grams to 1000 grams.
(2) This tea can also use dried Houttuynia cordata, the dosage is 30 to 60 grams. During the production process, the dried Houttuynia cordata is washed and soaked in cold water for 2 hours. drink.