1. Treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis: 18g of raw licorice, decocted to 150ml, orally in 3 times, 1 dose per day, combined with anti-tuberculosis drugs.
2. Prevention and treatment of malaria: each equal portion of licorice and kansui, ground and mixed, take 0.5~1.0g when used, wrap it into a ring shape with cotton, place it in the umbilical fossa, fix it with an external adhesive tape, stick it around tightly, apply 1~100g each time 2 days, if the medicine is applied 3 hours before the attack, the attack can be controlled on the same day. The effect of malaria vivax is better, followed by malaria falciparum.
3. Treatment of hypotension: 6-12g each of licorice and schisandra, 15g of poria cocos, 1 dose per day, divided into 2 decoctions or brewed in tea. Generally, after taking 3-10 doses, the symptoms will disappear and blood pressure will return to normal.
4. Treatment of arrhythmia:
a. Safflower, Sophora flavescens, and Radix Glycyrrhizae were made into extract tablets at a ratio of 1:1:1.6, each weighing 0.5g, 3 tablets each time, 3 times a day, 4 weeks as a course of treatment.
b. Raw licorice, roasted licorice, and Alisma 30g each, decocted in water twice a day in the morning and evening, 1 dose a day. For those who have irregular irritability, spontaneous sweating, insomnia, and conscious cold and heat irregularities, take Guizhi plus Longgu Oyster Decoction first. Take this side again.
5. Treatment of thrombocytopenic purpura:
a. Oral licorice decoction, of which 14 cases took 12g per day, and 8 cases took 20g per day, decocted in water in the morning and evening.
b. Licorice 25-30g, decocted in water and taken in 3 divided doses, 1 dose per day.
6. Treatment of non-specific ulcerative colitis: Raw licorice, 30g per day, decocted in water and taken twice a day, 20 days as a course of treatment. At the same time, use sucralfate powder plus 5% starch paste or appropriate amount of gum arabic to make 20% latex agent, and keep the enema after defecation before going to bed, 40ml each time, once a day, to treat this disease, and it has a good short-term effect .
7. Treatment of diabetes insipidus: licorice powder, 5g each time, 4 times a day.
8. Treatment of chronic prostatitis combined with impotence: Grind raw licorice into coarse powder, pack in 20g per pack, drink 20-40g in boiled water every day, 10 days is a course of treatment, and generally take 1-3 courses of treatment. Cooperate with the levator ani exercise (clamp the buttocks and thighs, lift the anus upward while taking a deep breath, hold your breath, then exhale, and relax the whole body), practice 2 to 3 times a day, 20 to 30 times each time.
9. Treatment of acute infectious polyradiculitis: 30g licorice, 30g isatidis, 15g dandelion, 15g forsythia, 5-10g coptis, 20g licorice for those under 5 years old, decoct in water.
10. Treatment of tinea manus and pedis: some licorice, cut into 1cm segments, and use 90% ethanol as solvent to make licorice tincture with 30% concentration. After washing the feet, rub the affected area with a cotton ball, twice a day.
11. Treat chapped skin: put 50g of licorice into 200ml of 75% ethanol and soak for 24 hours, remove the dregs, add 200ml of glycerin for later use. When using, wash the affected area first, and then apply this medicine.
12. Treatment of desquamation and itching of hands: 100g each of raw licorice and Tribulus terrestris, soaked in 300ml of 75% ethanol for 7 days, filtered for later use. External application: 2-3 times a day, usually within 3-7 days.
13. Treatment of frostbite: 9g each of licorice and genkwa, add 2000ml of water, wash the frostbite after frying, 3 times a day.
14. Treatment of food poisoning:
a. Raw licorice 9~15g, decoct in water, and take it in 3~4 times within 2 hours. For those with fever, add 1g of Coptis chinensis powder and drink it; for severe cases, use up to 30g of licorice, decoct it into 300ml, and inject 100ml (equivalent to 10g of crude drug) through the gastric tube every 3 to 4 hours; and gastric lavage and fluid replacement as appropriate.
b. 94g of licorice, add 600ml of water, decoct twice to get 200ml of liquid medicine, wait for warm, take 100ml first, then slowly take another 100ml after half an hour. Add 500ml of water to the medicinal dregs, decoct until 200ml, and take it once. If nausea and vomiting after the first dose, take the remaining 100ml after vomiting, and take the second decoction 1 hour later.
15. Prevention and treatment of postpartum hypofunction of the anterior pituitary gland: 15-30g raw licorice, 6g ginseng, 10g aconite (decocted first) for severe chills, decocted 3 times with slow fire, 1 dose per day, 1 dose per day for 2-6 months. During the course of treatment, if there are adverse reactions such as high blood pressure and edema, the amount of licorice can be reduced to half, or 10g each of Poria cocos, Eucommia ulmoides, and Schisandra chinensis can be added, and a small amount of blood transfusion can be given as appropriate.
16. Treatment of constipation in infants and young children: 2-3g of raw licorice, soaked in 10-15ml of boiling water, once a day, usually for 7-15 days.
17. Treatment of chronic pharyngitis: 10g of raw licorice, soaked in boiling water instead of tea, fasting fish, spicy food, sugar, etc., take it for 1-2 months for mild cases, and 3-5 months for severe cases.