Can licorice be soaked in water to drink?
Of course you can! Licorice can be soaked in water to drink, or it can be taken after being decocted with other traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions. Licorice is sweet in taste and flat in nature, and it returns to the heart, lung, spleen, and stomach meridian. However, it is recommended to use licorice under the guidance of a doctor, and those who are allergic to the medicinal ingredients of licorice should be banned.
1. Clearing away heat and detoxification: Licorice has detoxification effect, and its medicinal properties are cool, so it can be applied to heat-toxin syndrome. When patients have carbuncle, sore, sore throat and sore throat, they can take licorice soaked in water to clear away heat and detoxify;
2. Relieving cough and reducing phlegm: Licorice is sweet, moist and calm, and belongs to the lung meridian. It can be used for various types of asthma and cough due to cold, heat, deficiency and excess.
3. Invigorate the spleen and stomach: Licorice can be used to treat weakness of the spleen and stomach, insufficiency of Qi, fatigue, lack of food and loose stools, etc. Because the effect of licorice is moderate and can reconcile various medicines, it is often used as an auxiliary drug in traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions, and it can be used together with ginseng, Atractylodes macrocephala, and Poria to replenish the qi of the spleen and stomach;
4.Invigorate the heart qi: soaking licorice in water can nourish the heart qi and rejuvenate the pulse. It is suitable for symptoms such as insufficient heart qi, palpitations and shortness of breath. It can also be used with ginseng, donkey-hide gelatin, and rehmannia to replenish qi and blood.
When licorice is soaked in water, it can be mixed with chrysanthemum, astragalus, ginseng, etc.
1. Chrysanthemum: Licorice is a relatively common Chinese herbal medicine. It can be used with chrysanthemum when soaked in licorice. It has certain anti-inflammatory, heat-clearing and detoxifying effects to relieve throat swelling and pain and dry stool.
2. Astragalus: Licorice can be mixed with Astragalus to soak in water. It has the functions of nourishing yin and lungs, nourishing qi and strengthening the surface, and has a certain protective effect on the stomach. It can also be used to relieve cough and expectoration.
3.Ginseng: When drinking licorice soaked water, it can also be mixed with ginseng, which has the effect of nourishing the body, can improve immunity and disease resistance, and can also strengthen the spleen and nourish qi and nourish yang.
Not only licorice, we also provide other high-quality medicinal materials. If you want to make yourself a cup of licorice tea, you can browse our website to find more traditional Chinese medicines you need. We offer more than three hundred varieties, including herbal tea material, spices, and botanical raw material. Orders are welcome!